German DAX closes at a new record high
The European shares are ending the day mostly higher. Spain's Ibex is the exception.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, +0.2% (a new record close)
- France's CAC, +0.5%
- UK's FTSE 100, +0.4%
- Spain's Ibex, -0.2%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, +0.2%.
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit:
- Gold is up $5.70 or 0.3% at $1906.12
- Silver is up $0.18 or 0.67% $28.08.
- WTI crude oil futures are up $0.76 or 1.12% at $68.48
- Bitcoin is up $1700 or 4.68% at $38,034
In the US stock market, the major indices are higher. The Dow is working on its fifth straight day to the upside. The S&P is up for the last five trading days. The Nasdaq is trading near its highs for the day:
- S&P index +14.2 to points or 0.34% at 4216.33
- NASDAQ index up 37.11 points or 0.28% at 13773.50
- Dow up 93 points or 0.27% at 34668
In the US treasury market, yields are lower with the tenure yield down around 1.9 basis points.