France's CAC closes at the highest level since 2000.
The German DAX is closing up about 1% and in doing so is closing at a new all-time high. The France's CAC is also closing higher and at the highest level since August 2000. Below is a look at the daily chart of the German Dax.
A look at the provisional closes shows:
- German DAX, +1.0%
- France's CAC, +0.7%
- UK's FTSE 100, +0.9%
- Spain's Ibex, +0.6%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, +0.7%
In the European debt market, the benchmark 10 year yields are closing mostly higher with the UK yield up 3.3 basis points.
In other markets as Europe/London traders look to exit for the day:
- Spot gold is trading down seven dollars or -0.37% at $1899.70.
- Spot silver is trading unchanged at $28.03
- WTI crude oil futures are up $1.49 or 2.23% at $67.81. The high price extended to $68.87. That was the highest level since October 2018.
US stocks are trading mixed with the NASDAQ lower. The Dow and S&P are higher but well off the session highs:
- S&P index up 5.24 points or 0.12% at 4209.30
- NASDAQ index -15.67 points or -0.11% at 13732.20
- Dow up 137 points or 0.4% at 34666.90