Major indices in the red today
As European traders look to head for the exits, the major indices all moved lower in trading today.
- German DAX, -0.16%
- France's CAC, -0.65%
- UK's FTSE 100, -1.4%
- Spain's Ibex, -0.8%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, -1.11%
In the European debt market, the benchmark 10 year yields moved higher.
France's yield moved up to a high of -0.066% as it climbed its way back toward the 0.0% level.
In other markets:
- Spot gold is trading up $0.44 or 0.02% $1776.57. That is well off the high price of $1789.67.
- Spot silver is trading down $0.31 or -1.15% $27.06
- bitcoin is down $462 or -0.8% of $51,937
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $0.13 or -0.21% at $61.01 for the March contract. For the April contract the price is down $0.17 or -0.28% at $60.99
In the US stock market, the NASDAQ and Russell 2000 index remain the weakest as investors get out of the high flyers. However all indices are lower.
- S&P index -38.30 points or -0.97% at 3893.24
- NASDAQ index -194 points or -1.4% at 13769.63
- Dow -274 points or -0.87% at 31337
- Russell 200 is down the most at -1.7%