Most indices spend the day in the red.
The major European indices are closing the day with declines across the board. Apart from the Spain's Ibex (+0.05% at the high) and the Italy FTSE MIB (also up 0.05% the high) all the major indices spent the entire day in the red.
- German DAX down -0.7%. The low was -1.73%
- France's CAC down -0.8%. The low was -1.36%
- UK's FTSE 100 down -1.0%. The low reached -1.52%
- Spain's Ibex down -0.7%. The low reached -1.08%
- Italy's FTSE MIB down -0.6%. The low reached -1.28%
In other markets as London/European traders look to exit shows:
- Spot gold is trading near unchanged at $-0.50 or -0.02% at $1848.52. That is well off the low price of $1817.49.
- Spot silver is down $0.25 or -1% at $25.17. It's low reached $24.34.
- WTI crude oil futures are down $-0.12 or -0.23% $52.11. That is off the low at $51.50. The high reached $52.70.
- The price of bitcoin on Coinbase is near session lows at $30,500. The low price reached $30,251.55
In the US stock market, the major indices are lower but off lows for the day:
- S&P index -14.78 points or -0.3% at 3809.94
- Nasdaq -96 points or -0.73% at 13105.90
- Dow -79 points or -0.26% 31019.25
In the US debt market, the yields are marginally higher with the 10 year yield up 1.2 basis points to 1.127%.