Dow 30 leads the way
The major US indices are opening the holiday delayed week higher. Markets on Monday were closed in observance of Memorial Day. The gains are being led by the Dow 30 index. We are also into a new trading month. Energy, materials and financials are leading on the upside. The S&P index is near its all-time high price of 4238.04.
The opening numbers are showing:
- S&P index up 26.55 points or 0.63% at 4230.63
- NASDAQ up 71 points or 0.52% at 13820
- Dow up 280 points or 0.81% at 34810
In other markets
- Spot gold is trading up one dollar or 0.05% $1907.70.
- Spot silver is up $0.41 or 1.48% at $28.45
- WTI crude oil futures are up to dollars and $0.28 43.42% at $68.60
- bitcoin is trading up about $100 or 0.31% at $36,805
In the US debt market, yields are higher with the 10 year leading the way up three basis points.
The Markit the mind data will be released at 945 with expectations for 61.5 (this is the final). THe ISM manufacturing data will be released at the top of the hour with estimates of 60.9 versus 60.7 last month. Prices paid is expected to come in at 89.0 versus 89.6. New orders last month came in at 64.3 and employment came in at 55.1.