NASDAQ closes at a record and so does the Dow….
The S&P index is up for the seventh straight day and closes at a record level once again. It is the 7th record high close for the S&P.
The NASDAQ index also closed at a record today that is the second consecutive record close for the NASDAQ.
The Dow industrial average also closed at a record level. That is the first record close for the Dow this week and the first since May 7.
Leading the S&P are:
- Information technology up 1.39% the
- Consumer discretionary up 0.97%
- Healthcare up 0.94%
- Communication services up 0.93%
Three of the 11 sectors closed lower including:
- Financials down -0.22%
- Energy -0.08%, and
- Utilities -0.06%
- Advancers 1703 vs Decliners 1608
- Dow rises for the fourth straight day
- Dow S&P and NASDAQ close higher for the second consecutive week
A look at the record closing levels shows:
- S&P index rose 32.4 points or 0.75% at 4352.33
- NASDAQ index rose 116.96 points or 0.81% at 14639.34
- Dow industrial average rose 152.82 points or 0.44% at 34786.34
it wasn't all happy and bullish times and small cap stocks:
- Russell 2000-23.6 points or -1.01% at 2305.76