The USD is in the middle with mixed results
Looking at the ranges and changes, the ranges for most of the pairs are relatively stable with all expect the GBPUSD having a low to high trading range of 36 to 43 pips. The GBPUSD pair has a range of 63 pips. The JPY pairs – usually an indication of risk on – are all higher and nearer the highs generally.
IN other markets:
- Spot gold is trading down $-4.60 or -0.25% $1841.05
- Spot silver is trading up $0.06 or 0.23% a $25.28
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $0.35 or -0.64% of $52.58
- Bitcoin on Coinbase is trading up $1070 and $38,366. The high price reached $38,800. The low price extended to $36,751.11
In the premarket for US stocks, the futures are implying they modestly higher opening
- S&P index up 6.5 points
- Dow industrial average up 95 points
- NASDAQ index up 1 point
In the European equity markets, the major indices are trading mixed with modest gains or losses:
- German DAX +0.2%
- France's CAC, +0.05%
- UK's FTSE 100, +0.5%
- Spain's Ibex, -0.1%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, -0.1%
In the US debt market, the yields are rebounding after yesterdays decline. The treasuries successfully auctioned off 10 and 30 year issues on Tuesday and Wednesday, but yields are higher after the run up last week.
In the European debt market, the benchmark benchmark 10 year yields are trading mixed. Italian yields are higher after the government resignations yesterday which threatened the coalition.