NASDAQ index the weakest
Facebook, Amazon, Alphabet and Apple ALL reported earnings after the close yesterday (along with Starbucks and Twitter). The big 4 all beat on top and bottom line numbers, but there was some piece that raised some eyebrows.
As a result, the NASDAQ index is lower on the day and leads the major indices which are all trading in the red.
The snapshot of the indices currently shows:
- S&P index -13 points or -0.40% at 3297
- NASDAQ index -84 points or -0.75% at 11103
- Dow industrial average -78 points or -0.29% at 26580
Although lower, the levels are above premarket lows seen overnight. Indices were down as much as 2% at lows.
In other markets, the snapshot currently shows
- spot gold up $19.45 or 1.04% at $1886.90
- spot silver is up $0.40 or 1.74% $23.66
- WTI crude oil futures are back down. It is trading down $-0.46 or -1.3% $35.70
in the US debt market yields are mixed. The 2 and 5 year yields are unchanged. The 10 year yield is up 0.8 basis points while the 30 year bond is up 0.5 basis points.