Dow industrial average has the strongest gain in Q1
The US stocks are closing mixed to end the 1st quarter. The NASDAQ index outperforms. The Dow industrial average fell modestly.
- For the quarter, the Dow industrial average had the best performance. The NASDAQ was the laggard.
- The Dow industrial average found sellers at the quarter end and closes at session lows
- The Dow and S&P have the best month since November.
- Nasdaq posts the 5th straight monthly gain
- Nasdaq had its best day in 3 weeks
The final numbers are showing:
- S&P up 14.41 points or 0.36% at 3972.90
- Nasdaq up 201.47 or 1.54% at 13246.87
- Dow fell -85.41 points or -0.26% at 32981.55
For the month:
- Dow rose 6.62%
- S&P rose 4.24%
- Nasdaq rose 0.41%
For the 1st Quarter:
- Dow rose 7.76%
- S&P rose 5.77%
- Nasdaq rose 2.78%